March 13 – Complete Updated List Here.
Amid Coronavirus concerns, events are being cancelled and companies reducing travel exposure across the United States. In recent days, the 2020 Ultra Music festival in Miami was cancelled and several large companies are pulling out of South By Southwest which takes place in Austin, Texas.
ORM is reaching out to race companies to get statements, and will keep you updated as we receive more.
If you are a race director, and would like to update us, please email matt at obstacleracingmedia.com
We ask the community to use this page as a resource to help dispel rumor and pass along accurate information about the OCR industry.
Spartan has been, and continues to closely monitor developments pertaining to the outbreak of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 which has, and may continue to impact some of our events across the globe. In accordance with local government policies and/or requests, we have postponed several international events at this time. We’d like to assure you that the safety of our racers, spectators, team members and volunteers is our number one priority. All other events will proceed as scheduled at this time and as we continue to track the impact of the virus, we will update racers vie email and our social media channels.
*Update March 13, 2020 – Free deferral
FREE DEFERRALS THROUGH APRIL 30th!
Given the current state of the COVID-19 issue worldwide, Spartan is extending FREE DEFERRALS through April 30th, to ensure you have the flexibility in your travel plans that you need. This means that there will be no deferral fee paid, but the racer would still be responsible for any price differences if they choose to “upgrade” to a longer distance race (ie, sprint to beast).
Update March 11, 2020 – San Luis Obispo event March 14-15 moved to November 14 and 15, 2020
Locations rescheduled to date: Hong Kong moved to May 30. Vietnam moved to May 16.
We are watching this situation very closely. We are not planning to cancel events, but will continue to monitor the situation. Effective yesterday, and until further notice, we are not charging participants for same-person transfers to any future event, if they should decide to transfer. Here is a link to our update page regarding Coronavirus.
Update – March 12, 2020 – The following events are being postponed. March 14-15 Florida, March 28 Georgia, April 11 Texas. No make up dates announced yet.
Tough Mudder continues to closely monitor developments around the world relating to the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19. We work closely with local authorities for our events and note the updates and advice given by local Governments, the World Health Organization and other relevant public bodies.
We’d like to assure you that the safety of our participants, spectators, team members, volunteers and partners remains our number one priority.
At this time, our North American season will proceed as scheduled.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and keep the community updated. Please contact Mudder Services with any additional questions.
At this point, our plan is to move forward with all races. As with all of our events, we will take every measure possible to ensure the well being of our participants. We will continue to keep a close eye on developments as they pertain to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will communicate with all impacted parties should our position change.
Matt B. Davis
Latest posts by Matt B. Davis (see all)
- Savage Georgia Spring 2023 - March 29, 2023
- OCR Weekly Show – March 27, 2023 - March 27, 2023
- Spartan Race Georgia Trifecta Weekend 2023 - March 22, 2023
Is there a listing of events that have been canceled that racers can view? I currently live in Japan and have signed up for quite a bit of international spartan races. My last race trip to the Philippines we had to change our flights 3 times due to country boarder restrictions. A updated listing would he helpful to all racers and anyone trying to plan events.
Comments are closed.