The HYROX Virtual Championships of Fitness consisted of five workouts over a three week period. The top eight competitors in the equipment competition moved on to a live finale on Sunday August 2nd where Markus Frison and Ehea Schuerch took home the top prize of $3,000.
The Final Workout
150 Wallballs (20lb/14lb)
30 Dumbell Burpee Over the RowErg (35lb/20lb)
The Final 8 Athletes
Lukas Storath (2nd all-time HYROX World Record)
Lauren Weeks (HYROX Home Series Champion)
Sarah Kholti (HYROX World Record Holder)
Strategy: Partitioned However
Possibly one of the best parts of this workout, especially watching live, was how each athlete decided to attack the workout. While most athletes chose to break up the workout into smaller rounds (ex: 1000m row, 30 wallballs, 10 burpee), Lauren Weeks chose to row 4,000m before starting on her wallballs and burpees. Chris Woolley opted to finish all the wallballs and burpees before rowing a single meter.
It’s difficult to say how much strategy impacted the athletes, and if they would have done it differently if given a chance. However, it is worth noting that the athletes that broke up the workouts into smaller sets ended up finishing 1st and 2nd in both the male and female division.
- Markus Frison (28:04 unofficial)
- Lukas Storath (28:11 unofficial)
- Chris Woolley (31:08 unofficial)
- Norbert Vanscodi
- Ehea Schuerch (29:21 unofficial)
- Sarah Kholti (30:35 unofficial)
- Lauren Weeks (31:03 unofficial)
- Morgan Schulz
You can stream the entire finals on YouTube by clicking here.
Latest posts by Michael Cornett (see all)
- Markus Frison and Ehea Schuerch Win The HYROX Virtual Championships of Fitness - August 3, 2020
- Tough Mudder Ticket Explanation - March 7, 2020
- HYROX and DEKAFIT Schedule - March 2, 2020