Calling all OCR, Burpee, and Boob lovers! We at ORM are partnering with Chicked Nation and we need YOUR help to make this challenge a success. Help spread Breast Cancer Awareness by taking on the Burpees for Boobs Challenge! Share your participation with your friends and family by posting your videos of burpees through social media. Make sure you are using the following: #PowerOf10, #BurpeesForBoobies, #ChickedNation, and #WeRunTheWorld to spread the word! Don’t forget to tag Obstacle Racing Media for chances to be featured on our weekly #PowerOf10 Facebook updates.
Below is what Carrie Adams and Chicked Nation would like us to share with you!
Chicked Nation is extremely proud to announce that we are launching the Inagural Burpees for Boobs Challenge to honor Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Through our partnership with the IRS recognized 501(c)(3) Organization For Those Who Would (http://forthosewhowould.com) we are raising funds for individuals struggling with the financial demands of the disease.
The Power of 10 is the Challenge Mantra and Mission.
For the entire month of October, men, women, and children across the globe are being challenged to donate $10, do 10 burpees, and challenge 10 more friends to take part and learn more about the disease. For most of us, $10, 10 burpees, and 10 friends is doable, so let’s get together and see how the #PowerOf10 grows!
The Power of 10: $10, 10 Burpees, 10 Friends
- Chicked Nation is looking to raise $10,000 on this platform to give to members of our female community struggling with the disease.
- The Power of 10 campaign asks each woman to Donate $10, Do 10 burpees, and Tell 10 friends about Breast Cancer Research, the importance of self-exams, and annual visits and encourage them to take part in the challenge!
- Take pictures and videos of your challenge. Tag your ten friends online to get them involved.
- ALL profits will go to those in need from our community. They will be announced in the month of October.
The Partnership with For Those Who Would:
I am a board member for the IRS recognized 501(c)(3) For Those Who Would. The mission of For Those Who Would is to provide support to individuals prevented from participating in athletic and physical recreational activities due to debilitating injuries or chronic diseases.
The vision of For Those Who Would is to make a positive and meaningful impact on the lives of those individuals and to become the charity of choice for adventure and endurance athletes. The foundation also serves an additional purpose of providing endurance and adventure athletes a mechanism through with they can raise money for their own personal cause that furthers the foundation’s mission. It is under that umbrella that we are raising funds.
Breast Cancer Statistics:
Here are some startling facts:
- About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- In 2014, an estimated 232,670 new cases of invasive breast cancer were expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with 62,570 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
- Breast cancer incidence rates in the U.S. began decreasing in the year 2000, after increasing for the previous two decades. They dropped by 7% from 2002 to 2003 alone.
- About 40,000 women in the U.S. were expected to die in 2014 from breast cancer, though death rates have been decreasing since 1989 — with larger decreases in women under 50. These decreases are thought to be the result of treatment advances, earlier detection through screening, and increased awareness.
- For women in the U.S., breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer, besides lung cancer.
For any questions or inquiries regarding the challenge, please feel free to reach out to Carrie Adams with Chicked Nation!
Latest posts by Allison Dacus (see all)
- OCR Transformations- Tara Lind - December 18, 2016
- OCR Transformations- Amelia Koeppel - November 1, 2016
- OCR Transformations- Mandie Hoppe - September 11, 2016