Over the course of the last year I started getting back into hiking and realized all of my old (5-10 years) equipment that was previously ultralight was no longer ultralight. So first order of business was finding a new pack. With that we enter the Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 Junction review.
Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 Junction Review Features
Super light weight – With the more durable version, black, weighing 32oz., you can’t beat it.
Durable – This pack is built with DCH150 which means it will last you for a long time.
Hip belt pockets – I was able to store everything I needed, including my cell phone in the hip pockets. This meant way less time taking off my pack.
Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 Junction Review Durability
Having now used this pack for a few hundred miles the only sign I see of it slowing down is me. There is not even creasing that looks to be a wear point. I can’t imagine this not being my go to pack for the next 2+ years without replacement.
Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 Junction Review Pros and Cons
- I really like the pocket setup for the Junction, having a mesh pocket let me leave things out to dry while still being secured
- Water resistance on this pack is basically like saying it’s waterproof when it comes to rain – let me leave the rainfly at home.
- The water bottles are a bit hard to reach with the pack one if using the side pockets
- Rolling and unrolling the top can be a bit annoying but it feels like a fair trade off usually.
Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 Junction Review Conclusion
I’m excited to keep using this pack for the foreseeable future. The only caveat would be that I might need to get a larger size such as 3400 or 4400. With the price being a little higher than most, I’ll give it some time before I try to go up a capacity size.
If you like this article consider using my affiliate link for 15% Off all Hyperlite Gear – code DARIO46832 or click this link to Hyperlite.
Latest posts by Dario (see all)
- Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 Junction Review - October 24, 2022
- Spartan Products Review - October 26, 2020
- Top 5 Shoes For Obstacle Racing – 2018 - September 10, 2018