You can learn about all of the athletes competing here.
Click to see the final leaderboard.
Day 1 – Episode 1
The first day included 3 scored events. The Highland Games was the last event of the day which included 3 mini events which gave the athletes one score.
- Spartan Cross – A half mile obstacle course with 11 obstacles per lap. Athletes did 5 laps.
- Swim – A 200 M Swim in the lake for 45 minutes. As many laps as possible.
- Highland Games
- Tug Of War – One on one, single elimination
- Heavy Stones (Stones were 70/113, 95/149, 125/180, 150/213, 160/229 lbs.)
- Keiser Sled
After day 1, Hunter McIntyre, Ryan Atkins, and Herman Demmink are in the top 3 spots. Lauren Weeks, Corinna Coffin, and Lindsay Webster lead the women.
You can watch the Spartan Episode here.
Watch Aaron’s reactions to Day 1 here:
Day 2 -Episode 2
The second day of competition began with an abridged version of the DekaFit event called Deka Strong. The athletes did all 10 workout zones back to back without the running component of a DekaFit.
Event 2 was an AMLAP mountain bike event up and down “Joe’s Mountain”. The laps were 9 miles long and had 12,000 feet of elevation per lap. Athletes had 5 hours to ride as many laps as possible.
After 2 days and 5 events, Ryan Atkins is now in 1st, with Hunter falling to 2nd, and Herman Demmink still in 3rd. On the women’s side, Corinna moved up to 1st, Lindsay moved up to 2nd, and Lauren Weeks fell to 3rd.
Event Director, Mike Morris talks about Episode 2
Day 3 – Episode 3
- 6 hour trail run event. 4.55 mile laps. 118 of elevation per lap. AMLAP
We also have an update on the teams, which an avid watcher deduced by looking at headband colors in all of the athletes- Instagram profiles!
|Purple||Fennel, Herman, Samantha Wood, Nicole|
|Blue:||Rea, Lindsay, Stevens, Josiah|
|Trifecta:||Kent, Grant, Chapman, Cooke|
|Green:||Atkins, Hunter, Weeks, Chelsea|
|Camo:||O’Connell, Briggs, Wardian, Shoemaker|
|Red:||Corina, Taylor, Curt, Aaron|
- Deka Heavy (modified Deka strong which includes pull-ups, deadlifts and other changes)
- Vertical K with Weight Vest (15/30 lbs) .75 mile up with 1000 feet of gain.
- Spartan Cross – Obstacle course, 5 laps, 11 obstacles per lap, 0.5 miles/lap
Payouts are as follows for men and women:
1st place $20,000 – Ryan Atkins, Lindsay Webster
2nd place $12,000 – Hunter McIntyre, Corinna Coffin
3rd place $6,000 – Ryan Kent, Lauren Weeks
4th place $4,000 – Josiah Middaugh, Sam Briggs
5th place $3,000 – Aaron Newell, Kristi Eramo O’Connell
There is also a team component with the winning team splitting $10,000.
Here are the final payouts
|Ryan Atkins||$ 22,500.00||Lindsay Webster||$ 20,000.00|
|Hunter McIntyre||$ 14,500.00||Corinna Coffin||$ 12,000.00|
|Ryan Kent||$ 6,000.00||Lauren Weeks||$ 8,500.00|
|Josiah Middaugh||$ 4,000.00||Sam Briggs||$ 4,000.00|
|Aaron Newell||$ 3,000.00||Kristi O’Connell||$ 3,000.00|
|Herman Demmink||$ –||Chelsey Magness||$ 2,500.00|
|Grant McCarthy||$ –||Faith Cooke||$ –|
|Max Fennel||$ –||Rea Kolbl||$ –|
|Curt Maggitt||$ –||Emma Chapman||$ –|
|Jarrod Shoemaker||$ –||Nicole Mericle||$ –|
|Mike Wardian||$ –||Samantha Wood||$ –|
|Matt Stevens||$ –||Kellyn Taylor||$ –|
Cover photo courtesy – Spartan Race.
Matt B. Davis
Latest posts by Matt B. Davis (see all)
- Spartan Race Georgia Trifecta Weekend 2023 - March 22, 2023
- OCR Weekly Show – March 20, 2023 - March 20, 2023
- Heart Rate Zones - March 17, 2023