While the eyes of the OCR world were focused on the Blue Mountains in Ontario this past weekend for the OCR World Championships, Spartan quietly teased us with details of a possible global competition on their Instagram account.
This morning, Spartan Race revealed the 2018 Spartan Race Global Championship. A worldwide competition, leading up to the Spartan Race World Championship in October of 2018. The Championship field will need to battle through one of 15 different National Series events in countries such as the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Northeast Asia, and more. The top finishers in the National Series will be invited to compete in one of five (5) Regional Championships – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Middle East. The best of the best will then go on to compete in Spartan Race’s World Championship in October, next year.
- Regional Championships: Men and women must finish top 10 in any regular season or National Championship Series event in their respective category
- World Championship: Men and Women must finish top 10 in a National Championship Series event or a Regional Championship in their respective category
Race formats, dates, and locations will be announced at a later date.
The Global Championship Series also offers open-heat competitors the opportunity to race on the same grounds as
some of the best athletes in the world, along with limited edition medals and shirts.
With Spartan Race’s reach rapidly expanding across the globe, this move will put the top athletes from across the world against each other, for OCR enthusiasts to watch live – it’s a Spartan Race fans dream come true.
Latest posts by Josh Chace (see all)
- Spartan Vermont Events Cancelled - June 5, 2020
- VJ Shoes Xero 5 Review - February 11, 2020
- Spartan 2020 US National Series Schedule - November 14, 2019
How about Josh write story about people who wear their “band” all year long like someone besides themselves care about it.
Comments are closed.